It’s usually a good idea to be aware of the side effects of any product you’re using. When it comes to CBD, there are numerous advantages that it may provide, like better sleep, pain relief, and so much more*. However, one of the most common questions concerning CBD is whether or not it impacts your appetite.
CBD and Your Appetite
Many people believe that because CBD can be found in marijuana, it makes you hungry, however this is not always the case. CBD does not make you hungry immediately, but it can boost your appetite. Let us explain why this appears to be contradictory.
CBD has the capacity to boost your appetite by alleviating some of the symptoms that can make you hungry. Some key points:
- CBD May Reduce Stress: Anxiety and stress affect your entire body, not just your thoughts. These psychological and emotional changes in the body frequently have a direct impact on the digestive tract, resulting in a loss of appetite. CBD could help you regain your appetite by lowering your stress.
- CBD May Reduce Nausea: Nausea can be the result of a variety of factors, including digestive issues, anxiety, and even chronic illnesses. One of the drawbacks of feeling nauseated, regardless of the cause, is that it impacts your appetite. Because nausea affects so many people with various illnesses, researchers are working to find new ways to alleviate it. That’s why CBD is now being used to treat nausea in trials like the one on chemotherapy-induced nausea.
- CBD May Relax the Digestive System: Hormones that affect the functioning of the digestive system, including hunger, are produced and released by cells in the stomach and small intestinal lining. This means that if your digestive system isn’t working properly, it might have a direct impact on your hunger. CBD could help support the immune system, reduce digestive issues, and improve the health of your stomach, all of which affect your appetite*.
- CBD May Reduce Pain: CBD interacts with CB2 receptor and stimulating the CB2 receptor has been linked with a reduction in inflammation. Less pain in legs and joints can lead to a more active lifestyle and improve appetite.
CBD and Weight Loss
In addition to supporting a healthy diet, CBD may provide benefits in fat and weight loss.
- CBD May Reduce Pain: As mentioned above, CBD has been linked with a reduction in inflammation through interactions with the CB2 receptor. Relief from pain may lead to a more active lifestyle which is a fundamental component of weight loss.
- CBD May Reduce Appetite: A study from 2012 on animals showed that CBD reduced appetite. This may be linked to the interaction with the CB2 receptors decreasing inflammation and reducing food intake and even possibly helping to reduce obesity.
- CBD May Turn Bad Fat into Good Fat: Another study from 2016 showed that CBD helped convert white fat cells into brown fat cells. White fat cells are “bad” as they are associated with chronic conditions such as heart disease and diabetes. Brown fat cells on the other hand have been linked to burning calories as they burn off energy as heat.
How CBD Can Help You Live a Healthier Lifestyle
CBD can potentially support healthy sleep habits which reduce stress and promote relaxation. The good news is that CBD does not necessarily make you hungry, but it does aid in the development of a healthy appetite. This is critical for your general health because your body relies on nutrients from meals to function properly.
CBD can improve your quality of life for a variety of reasons other than appetite. However, it will not give you the munchies. It simply regulates your appetite by alleviating some of the symptoms that can cause it to decline.